Vila Castela Residence in Brazil by Anastasia Architects
The Vila Castela Residence sited on 30 degrees sloped site in city of Nova Lima, Brazil. Designed by Anastasia Architects, the house uses dramatic cantilevers to emphasize the extremity of its position.
This project was based on four main concepts: little interference in the site, better use of natural resources, integration to the surroundings, and a generous urban presence. The constructed area is 650 sq meters, divided into three floors. The basement, where the owners can enjoy leisure facilities such as sauna, Jacuzzi, and an wine cellar, the ground floor, where the living area and the kitchen, integrated to the outdoor swimming pool and external terrace, make this the centre of the house, and the first floor, where the occupants can obtain privacy in the bedrooms.
“We have chosen this concept not only for aesthetic reasons, but above all to reduce the interference of the building mass in the topography, keeping the site as natural as possible.”
- Modern Villa A in Austria by Najjar-Najjar Architects
- Modern Villa Design in Austria – Villa A
- Ravine Residence in North Toronto by Hariri Pontarini
- Interior Design of Zeidler Residence by Ehrlich Architects
- Henley Street Residence by Jackson Clements Burrows