Modern Dyes Inlet Residence In Seattle by Arkinetic
Situated eight miles west of Seattle – Washington on Dyes Inlet, Arkinetic created custom house consists of a studio/garage, a main house, a boat storage shed and a boathouse. The studio/garage consists of parking and workspace below with a studio and deck above. The primary orientation of the studio is to the south with glazing on four sides. The studio deck looks down the datum wall through the central glass atrium of the main house to the inlet beyond.
The main house, with a centralized atrium flanked by two wings, is a study of mass and light. The north wing houses public spaces and the south provides private bedrooms. A concrete datum wall and water feature link the studio/garage to the main house. The datum wall continues within the atrium and is broken by a stone chimney which serves as a visual and structural anchor. The wall moves again to the exterior, splitting a public patio with its view of Mt. Rainier from a private bedroom patio and koi pond. The terminus of the datum wall is a jacuzzi atop the bank. – Arkinetic
- Modern Interior Mandeville Canyon Residence by Rockefeller Partners Architects
- Lifeguard Tower Residence – Beach House in California by Lazar Design/Build
- Luxury Camps Bay Villa by Peerutin Architects
- Contemporary Sonoma Spa Retreat in California by Aidlin Darling Design
- Modern Irregular House Kempeneers in Belgium by Klaarchitectuur