Contemporary Small House Ideas in Brisbane by BASE Architecture
BASE Architecture has designed houses on almost all combination of small lot configurations from corner lots, flat lots, sloping lots front to back and back to front and also side falls. In the case of the Small street house being a site that slopes both from front to the back and across the site, it offers many opportunities to explore the spatial relationships proven across a mixture of levels and functions within the house whilst at the same time exploring the close relationships that exist on the adjoining lots.
Along with the parameters of the residential house lot code, character code, single unit dwelling code and the requirements of the client, it is equally important to address the architecture of the surrounding dwellings. After assessing the surrounding neighborhood it is apparent that there are various existing strengths in the built form that express there own character. The overall character of these dwellings is expressed in the form of the building which includes flat roofs, low pitched roofs, parapets, skillions and gables. – Photos by Christopher Frederick Jones
- Contemporary Stonehawke House in Brisbane by Base Architecture
- House of Resonance in Japan by FORM | Kouichi Kimura
- Contemporary VILLA-K by Cell Space Architects
- Luxury Verdant Avenue House in Melbourne by Robert Mills Architects
- Contemporary Sonoma Spa Retreat in California by Aidlin Darling Design